3.14.2009

7 The Living Room Cure / The Great Sofa Search

Ok. It is seriously time to narrow things down. Yesterday was Bonus Day...Yeah! This week I have been back and forth trying to make decisions, but I keep changing my mind. I was thinking you guys could help...Although I have made it clear that I am looking for a new sofa, I am also in the market for a new coffee table, a rug, and an entertainment center. The sofa and table are my first priority, the other two will probably wait for now but I want to plan for them now.


I have narrowed the sofa search down to the Room and Board Jasper in Dela Charcoal and the Conran Shop 59th Street Sofa in Stowe Truffle. I had made the decision to get the Jasper, but the 59th Street is on sale 30% off...that is a lot. The Jasper is $1300 {w/o shipping} and will take 6 weeks to get. The 59th Street is $2080 {w/o shipping}, possibly less I am waiting to here from my new friend at the Conran Shop. It is available in a grey linen which is exactly what I wanted and can get here in 2 weeks. Now, there is still a decent price difference to consider. And we all know more expensive doesn't necessarily mean better. What do you think?


Now on the coffee table, I am 90% sure I am going with a similar custom table from Room Service. All week I have been back and forth between it and Blu Dot's Strut Coffee Table. Here we are talking $700 vs. $400. Custom vs not {but still well designed}. Now here is where my dilemma comes in. I want to incorporate a wood element and a white lacquered element into the room in the coffee table and the entertainment center. I am highly considering MASH Studio's LAX entertainment shelf {below}. It has a white door, but the Strut only comes in Ivory {well and blue, green, and pink but I don't like those. If it came in yellow we wouldn't be having this conversation.} So, I am afraid the two won't look good together. I think I am going to go with the Room Service table.



The entertainment center is the part of the equation that I am having the hardest time with. I am looking for something 60"-70" long and around 24" tall, with some closed and some open storage, that looks modern and costs less than $1000. MASH Studio's LAX entertainment shelf fits the bill, but I am having a hard time finding other good options. How do you feel above the above mentioned coffee table with the LAX? Can anyone think of any other good options?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am always a little bewildered when people insist on paying $$$ for a couch. A couch is not an investment. It will stain, it will rip; it will sag. I've yet to meet anyone who passed their couch down to to their grandchildren as a family heirloom. That said, I like the Jasper's lines (particularly in the leg area) a bit more than the Street Sofa.
Macy's Corona is a super deal. My sister bought one as a temporary fix and has fallen in love with it. It's held up wonderdfully in a house with two kids.
Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I love the second sofa! The legs are more substantial and the color is better. Big price difference though. I'm not sure about the coffee tables, neither is doing anything for me, but I do like the entertainment unit you have chosen. I'm jealous!

Shannon said...

How about the West Elm modern storage console? http://www.westelm.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?partNumber=WE-PRODf289&storeId=17001&langId=-1&catalogId=17002&viewSetCode=E&parentId=WE-SH1FRNSTO&retainNav=true&cmsrc=WE-SH1FRNSTO It's cheaper and combines wood and lacquered white and seems to fit your size requirements.

Apt. #34 said...

I got that exact entertainment center/credenza and I love it!

Glamourshoes said...

So what did you end up doing?

Glamourshoes said...

As I am having a very similar dilemma. And while I am saving my money, my mind keeps changing. I was certain I wanted a grey couch, and I love your Conran option, (I am seriously in love with that store!) but now maybe I really want white--but then can I keep my walls white? Very interested to know what you finally decided.

Anonymous said...

牙醫,植牙,假牙|矯正|牙周病,牙醫診所植牙,紋身,刺青,創業,批發,TATTOO,皮膚科,痘痘,雷射脈衝光除斑,中醫,腫瘤,腎臟病,僵直性脊椎炎,飛梭雷射,肉毒桿菌,玻尿酸,痘痘,脈衝光,醫美,毛孔粗大,醫學美容,seo,關鍵字行銷,關鍵字自然排序,網路行銷,關鍵字自然排序,關鍵字行銷seo,關鍵字廣告,網路行銷,seo,關鍵字行銷,關鍵字廣告,關鍵字,自然排序,部落格行銷,網路行銷,網路爆紅,牛舌餅婚紗台中婚紗

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...