9.29.2010

0 Cork...


So my dad has this office where he wraps fishing rods, that we call the man cave.  I hang out there with him for an hour or two most days until my mom gets home and we have dinner together.  It's strange and wonderful being at home with my parents.  This is the first time it has been just the three of us since my sister was born almost 20 years ago. But I digress....

So, my dad wraps these fishing rods which means he tediously wraps threads in patterns around the rods, puts on the guides, and epoxy.  There are about 50,000 other steps involved too.  It's tedious, but its actually kinda awesome and artistic. He also has all these vintage rods and supplies...yesterday my job was to move all these vintage cork handles into an new box.  I lined them all up and they looked awesome.

It's too bad I'm so smart in a way, I would have been really fantastic at a very repetitive like factory job or something. I find repetition and organization very relaxing. Haha...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...