11.22.2007

3 New Year's Resolutions Part 2 {Going Vegetarian}



Resolution 2 {Going Vegetarian}
So this one focuses on me and the environment. I've decided to become a vegetarian. This won't be an extreme change for me, as I have been moving in this direction for a while. I have so many self imposed rules about the things I will eat for various reasons, that this won't be a surprise to those who know me (read: eat lunch with me everyday).
I want to do this for both health and environmental reasons. This is a great list of 21 Reasons to become a vegetarian that really sums things up. This ties back in with Resolution 1 {Going Green} on many levels. For one thing it addresses the issue of eating take-out all the time. I think these days are over, and they need to be. This is going to force me to cook, take control of exactly what goes into our bodies, and at the same to reduce the amount of waste we produce. I think this will be an overall positive change in the way I live.

3 comments:

Brit said...

you make me want to join in. i think it might be a good thing considering all my stomach issues also!!! this might be something good to try out. esp since it makes me sad to think i am promoting the torture of little baby animals.

Unknown said...

Okay...I am in for this one too. So far I have been meatless for seven days.

What about Poy? Are you still going to cook meat for him? I do not know what to tell Sean but I think I am going to make the kids veggies as well.

Jessica said...

well, I rarely cook, but I did actually cooked dinner tonight: pasta with faux meat balls for me and real meat for Poy. I'm a little torn on this one, but we know the guys won't join in..

Brit, I think it might work for you too, you know I have lots of stomach issues too...it can't hurt...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...