2.28.2011

2 Minimalism vs Maximalism from Jonathan Adler

I just had to repost this from Jonathan Adler's Musings...


I often have an internal struggle about this.  Part of me really wants to have a really minimalist, modern space. But I also love really well designed objects, having them surrounding me makes me happy.  I think this explains the balance of the two, or maybe rather how the two can coexist together.  I hope that in my next apartment I will be able to achieve a really good balance of the two...

2 comments:

Anne-Marie @ 10 Rooms said...

I feel the same way! It's so calming to be in a space devoid of clutter, but it is sometimes devoid of personality, and then, there's those adorable ceramics that I just keep discovering :)

Rae :] said...

Thank you! That's my personality to a T. I love bright, colorful, well-designed things. but I could never be a minimalist - how does anyone pull it off?? - I just have too much stuff!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...