5.22.2008

2 Destination Boston {Day 1}

Ok, the reason you haven't seen any pics of Boston yet is because I was a little snap happy, so it has taken me a while to get them organized. I was there for 5 days, and I took 500 pics. So, I decided to post a day by day summary of what we did and saw...

For the record, I absolutely loved Boston...even more than I thought I would. The fact that it is compact and you can walk and/or take the T {which I'm completely obsessed with by the way} everywhere is phenomenal.



The beginning of it all...the main reason for going to Boston in the first place was for the AIA National Convention. Most of the Convention was held in the Boston Convention Center designed by Rafael Vinoly, which is pretty awesome in itself. We stayed right next door in the Westin, which was fantastic. Any architects out there who are thinking of going to the
Convention next year {in San Fransisco}, I would totally recommend it. It was extremely well organized...I was quite impressed.



One of our first stops was the Barking Crab {right on the water} for some delicious fish and chips...they were quite tasty and the atmosphere was perfect...


Various pics walking from the Barking Crab to the Children's Museum...



The Children's Museum looked like a lot of fun...we didn't actually make it inside, but I hear it is Boston's first green museum which is great. And there is this strange milk bottle shaped Au Bon Pain just outside...which was strange but in a good way...


More pics walking on our way to the South Station...My favorite is the yellow stairway plastered with pics, we think it was a travel agency, but I'm really not sure- it was awesome nonetheless...



Our next stop was to the Prudential Center to get tickets for the Duck Tour, once again I would totally recommend this tour. You ride in an amphibious vehicle and see quite a bit of the city from land and water...it was fun...

2 comments:

Brit said...

the picture of you on the stairs makes me smile! i love it!

Joanna Goddard said...

oooh, what fun! you look like you're having an amazing time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...